“To promote the development and understanding of the science of human consciousness and make available the teaching of ancient wisdom traditions.”
– Elmer E. Green, PhD
Elmer and Alyce Green, visionary teachers, researchers and authors, merged scientific exploration strategies with wisdom traditions in a compelling and loving manner. This extraordinary couple gave birth to the field of clinical biofeedback, taught thousands of clinicians around the world, and conducted innovative research focused on exploring the potentialities of human consciousness. They taught self-awareness and self-regulation skills utilizing biofeedback and neurofeedback training.
They were prime movers in the establishment of numerous interdisciplinary organizations including the Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB/BSA), the Council Grove Conference (CGC), the International Society for the Study of Subtle Energies and Energy Medicine (ISSSEEM), the Association for Transpersonal Psychology (ATP) and numerous research and study groups. They traveled the world exploring and teaching, conducting research and living life fully. One especially promising research project entitled “The Copper Wall Project” was conducted at The Menninger Foundation in Topeka, KS. The preliminary results of this project are especially interesting and may open up a new scientific understanding for humanity.
Elmer and Alyce wrote the ground-breaking book Beyond Biofeedback. As Elmer shifted his focus from scientific innovator to spiritual teacher, he wrote The Ozawkie Book of the Dead: Alzheimer’s Isn’t What You Think It Is! This three volume set offers his personal account of their healing journey through Alyce’s Alzheimer’s. At age 87, Alyce made her transition peacefully on August 6th 1994. At that time, Elmer was clear and insistent that this work, the scientific exploration of consciousness, would be needed in the transformative decades ahead.
Over the last fifteen years of his life Dr. Elmer Green brought forth the vision to establish the legal and financial basis for the non-profit corporation, The Elmer E. and Alyce M. Green Foundation. In the spring of 2016, he commissioned board members, asking them to preserve, protect and make available his collected works in applied spirituality, transpersonal teachings and scientific exploration. Elmer made his earthly transition March 5, 2017 at age 99, at home in Ozawkie, Kansas. In his final months, Elmer said “It is time for the work of the Masters to be known.”
The Elmer E. and Alyce M. Green Foundation is honored to bring forth Elmer’s Final Project:
- Outreach and Education – Make available the teachings of the masters within the extensive archive holdings for students and colleagues through scheduled study, classes, and on-line digital access.
- Scientific Consciousness Research – Conduct research building on the Green’s work emphasizing electrophysiology in the evolution of consciousness.
- Archives – Preserve the collection of personal manuscripts, cutting-edge and non-published scientific data, timeless wisdom teachings, and human potential materials.
- Research Library and Study Center – Renovate the existing structure in Ozawkie, KS to accommodate the Library, study programs and Foundation activities.
- Fundraising – Raise necessary funds to continue the work of the Foundation.
As Elmer said “The time of the Guru has passed!”
We are all colleagues and contributors to the plan for the evolution of humanity.
We are the ones we have been waiting for!